It’s great to be back at Marangaroo Primary School for the start of another school year. 2018 seems such a distant memory already! I hope you and your family had a chance to unwind, enjoy some special time together and with loved ones.
School starts for students on Monday 4th February. On the first day, you may like to:
- Allow extra time in the morning. You may want to take photos to capture the moment!
- Talk positively about the day ahead on the way to school and remind your child where you will be at pick-up time.
- Manage your own anxiety. You may like to plan a relaxing activity the night before or arrange to have coffee with another parent after the school drop-off.
- Have a small snack ready at the end of the day to help your child re-energise.
- Remember that your child might be exhausted when they get home. Give them some down time and try not to overwhelm them with too many questions about the day. Grandparents and extended family members might need to be reminded about this too.
- Celebrate the first day of school as it is a huge milestone to achieve. You may like to organise a special activity or dinner together as a family on the weekend to celebrate.
I look forward to seeing you all very soon!